Through our chapters in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Singapore and Brussels, YCW engages individuals on the most pressing issues emerging from China today. We are building a global network and fostering the next generation of China thought-leaders.
Be Part of the Growing YCW Community.
LATEST YCW EVENTS
Berlin – Where is Russia’s Pivot to Asia? with Gustav Gressel, Thomas Eder [Gustav Gressel and Thomas Eder]In recent years Moscow has been reaching out to Asian powers, especially China, trying to replace the West as a as a major market for …More »
Berlin – Europe-China Civil Society Cooperation: In Search of Ways Forward with Isabel Hilton, Andreas Fulda, Bertram Lang [Isabel Hilton, Andreas Fulda and Bertram Lang]The panelists will discuss how civil society engagement with China can be constructive and productive in the future. European and Chinese policy-makers have acknowledged on …More »
Hong Kong – Meet the Authors: La Ruta de la Plata, “The Silver Way” with Peter Gordon, Juan José Morales [Peter Gordon and Juan José Morales]Long before London and New York rose to international prominence, a trading route was discovered between Spanish America and China that ushered in a new …More »
London – YCW London: A Discussion Of US-Russia-China Relations (Tues, 28th March) with James Miles , Natasha Kuhrt [James Miles and Natasha Kuhrt]A discussion of US, Russia and China relations, with James Miles, China Editor of the Economist, and Dr Natasha Kuhrt, Professor of War Studies, King’s …More »
- YCW recently partnered with the Lau China Institute at King's College London to launch an essay competition on the topic: "How will China change the …More »
- Pulitzer-Prize winning writer Ian Johnson discusses religion in contemporary China as well as his latest book on the topic.More »
- Young China Watchers (YCW) is seeking a new Director of Operations and Director of Membership in San Francisco. YCW is an all volunteer organization focused …More »
- A piece by MERICS, a YCW Partner, reflects on the “America First" strategy as China strives to increase its role and influence on the world …More »
- Ernie Bower, founder and CEO of BowerGroupAsia, a consulting firm, speaks to YCW about U.S. policy toward ASEAN countries under the Trump administration and where …More »