Through our chapters in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, New York and San Francisco, YCW engages individuals on the most pressing issues emerging from China today. We are building a global network and fostering the next generation of China thought-leaders.
Be Part of the Growing YCW Community.
LATEST YCW EVENTS
San Francisco – RSVP for ‘Political Order and Political Decay: China and the United States’ with Francis Fukuyama, Stanford University (March 19)RSVP now for our March 19th event at 6:30pm, 1 Rincon Center, San Francisco. Young China Watchers San Francisco is delighted to invite you to an invigorating discussion …More »
- James Miles took up his position as The Economist’s China Editor in August 2014, having previously worked as Beijing Bureau Chief for 13 years. Before …More »
Beijing – ‘Sex and the City: the Economics of “Leftover Women” in China’ with Qian Liu, Economist Intelligence UnitQian (Louise) is the Deputy Director of The Economist Group’s research arm—The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU). Under her leadership, the EIU’s Access China service has …More »
Hong Kong – ‘The Rise of China’s Energy Giants: A 21st Century Story’ with Tom Deegan, Sidley Austin LLPTom Deegan is a partner in Sidley’s corporate practice in Hong Kong, with a strong focus on transactions in the energy and natural resources sectors. …More »
- February 12, 2015 Dear Young China Watchers, Welcome to YCW’s inaugural newsletter where we will share our past month’s events across our six global chapters, …More »
- Rana Mitter is Director of the University China Centre at the University of Oxford, where he is Professor of the History and Politics of Modern …More »
- Jason Bedford is in the Asian Financial Institutions Research team at UBS. Prior to that he spent nearly nine years in Beijing primarily as an …More »
- What a year it has been for YCW! Thanks to the participation and engagement of our members, YCW has grown as an organization and, more …More »
Featured Young China Watcher – Trey McArver, Founder of China Insight and creator of China Politics WeeklyTrey McArver is a London-based consultant for firms and investors engaged in China and the region. He is also the creator of China Politics Weekly, …More »