Through our chapters in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Singapore and Brussels, YCW engages individuals on the most pressing issues emerging from China today. We are building a global network and fostering the next generation of China thought-leaders.
Be Part of the Growing YCW Community.
LATEST YCW EVENTS
Shanghai – Chinese Infrastructure: The New Global Standard? with Jonathan Woetzel [Monday, January 23]Dr. Jonathan Woetzel, Director of the McKinsey Global Institute will evaluate the infrastrucutre outlook n China and China’s stamp on global infrastructure projects. This can …More »
Brussels – From lips and teeth: China’s current relationship with North Korea with Glyn Ford [Thursday, December 08]North Korea’s behaviour is a problem for China and their bilateral relations have soured over recent years. After North Korea’s fifth nuclear test in early …More »
Berlin – Book presentations: ‘The Perfect Dictatorship: China in the 21st Century’ and ‘Post-Western World: How Emerging Powers Are Remaking Global Order’ with Stein Ringen, Oliver Stuenkel [Stein Ringen and Oliver Stuenkel]Stein Ringen presents his book ‘The Perfect Dictatorship: China in the 21st Century’. The Chinese political economy is like no other system known to man, …More »
- Following Donald Trump’s victory and the UK’s Brexit vote, the western world is facing significant political upheaval. As the politics of protectionism and isolationism return, …More »
- Announcing the winner of the inaugural Lau-YCW essay competition… Lauren Dickey! Lauren submitted an impassioned essay on China’s water security, tracing the growing water crisis …More »
- What are the long-term economic consequences of a trade war between China and the United States? What is the future of free trade agreements around …More »
- Apply now: MERICS European China Talent Program 2017. MERICS, a YCW Partner, is gathering 15 post-graduates and young professionals for a three-day workshop in Berlin …More »
- What are the challenges and keys to success for Chinese foreign investments in Europe and the US? In this interview, Philippe Le Corre, visiting fellow …More »
Featured Young China Watcher – Molly Roberts: Assistant Professor at University of California, San DiegoIn this insightful interview, Molly Roberts discusses her research into the inner workings of censorship in China, and why the Chinese government doesn't remove as …More »