Through our chapters in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Singapore and Brussels, YCW engages individuals on the most pressing issues emerging from China today. We are building a global network and fostering the next generation of China thought-leaders.
Be Part of the Growing YCW Community.
LATEST YCW EVENTS
San Francisco – TPP, China and the Future of Trade in Asia with Vinod Aggarwal [Wednesday, September 14]Young China Watchers San Francisco is delighted to invite you to an invigorating discussion with esteemed trade expert Vinnie Aggarwal. Especially relevant given the upcoming …More »
- Philip will discuss how the wider political economy of China’s energy sector provides constraints and opportunities for the country to accelerate its transition to a …More »
London – YCW LN Townhall Meeting: Brexit and China with Duncan Innes-Kerr, Agatha Kratz [Duncan Innes-Kerr and Agatha Kratz]What Does Brexit Mean for the UK and EU relations with China? The new British government has been clear and firm about Brexit meaning Brexit, …More »
Beijing – Does the Chinese Language even Exist? And Why is it so Damn Hard? with David Moser [Tuesday, July 19]Students of Chinese all learn a language called Putonghua, but where did it come from? And why is it so hard to learn? This talk …More »
- Scholarships Announcement: Schwarzman Scholars, a fully-funded year in China for the world’s most promising young leaders, is accepting applications for its 2017-18 class. Based on …More »
- Why does institutionalized security cooperation in the Asia-Pacific remain fragmented? What is the way forward after the arbitration tribunal’s verdict on the South China Sea? …More »
- In this broad and insightful interview, LSE's Danny Quah talks all things economics, including ASEAN, currency valuation, and TPP. Professor Quah also answers the question, …More »
- The Carnegie–Tsinghua Center for Global Policy, the Beijing center of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, is seeking to hire a Development Coordinator. This position …More »
- How effective are Beijing's efforts to manage environmental degradation in China? What is the public opinion in China on air pollution? Ma Tianjie, managing editor …More »