Through our chapters in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Singapore and Brussels, YCW engages individuals on the most pressing issues emerging from China today. We are building a global network and fostering the next generation of China thought-leaders.
Be Part of the Growing YCW Community.
LATEST YCW EVENTS
Brussels – China and Russia: An Eastern Partnership in the Making? with Michal Makocki, Nicu Popescu [Michal Makocki and Nicu Popescu]On the surface, Sino–Russian cooperation have been intensifying in recent years. What provides the impetus for these ties and can they endure? We’ll look at …More »
- Murder in the Lucky Holiday Hotel is a 5-part podcast series about the murder of British businessman, Neil Heywood, by Gu Kailai, the wife of …More »
Singapore – China & Private Equity Investing in Emerging Markets with Professor Roger Leeds [Wednesday, June 07]Professor Roger Leeds is the Director of the Center for International Business and Public Policy at Johns Hopkins SAIS. Among others things, Prof Leeds will …More »
London – YCW London: Turning point in China-North Korea Relations? (22nd May, Monday, 6.30 pm, at RUSI) with Andrea Berger, Paul French [Andrea Berger and Paul French]In China, ties with North Korea have traditionally been referred to as “close as lips and teeth.” But with North Korea recently dropping the word …More »
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and independent journalists have played a vital role in raising awareness in China of the dangers of air pollution and other environmental …More »
- Thomas Mullaney, Associate Professor of Chinese History at Stanford University, tells us how the history of the Chinese typewriter and Mao-era experimentation may impact the …More »
- As Chinese Premier Li Keqiang visits Europe this week, YCW's Insa Ewert and Jan Philipp Pöter reflect on the cooling U.S.-EU relationship and see opportunity …More »
- Eric Mu, founder of a cyrptomining hosting service in western Sichuan, SinoHash, talks about Bitcoin's rise in prominence in China, and China's strengths as a …More »
- YCW recently partnered with the Lau China Institute at King's College London to launch an essay competition on the topic: "How will China change the …More »