Through our chapters in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Singapore and Brussels, YCW engages individuals on the most pressing issues emerging from China today. We are building a global network and fostering the next generation of China thought-leaders.
Be Part of the Growing YCW Community.
LATEST YCW EVENTS
Brussels – China and Russia: An Eastern Partnership in the Making? with Michal Makocki, Nicu Popescu [Michal Makocki and Nicu Popescu]On the surface, Sino–Russian cooperation have been intensifying in recent years. What provides the impetus for these ties and can they endure? We’ll look at …More »
- Murder in the Lucky Holiday Hotel is a 5-part podcast series about the murder of British businessman, Neil Heywood, by Gu Kailai, the wife of …More »
Singapore – China & Private Equity Investing in Emerging Markets with Professor Roger Leeds [Wednesday, June 07]Professor Roger Leeds is the Director of the Center for International Business and Public Policy at Johns Hopkins SAIS. Among others things, Prof Leeds will …More »
London – YCW London: Turning point in China-North Korea Relations? (22nd May, Monday, 6.30 pm, at RUSI) with Andrea Berger, Paul French [Andrea Berger and Paul French]In China, ties with North Korea have traditionally been referred to as “close as lips and teeth.” But with North Korea recently dropping the word …More »
- Linda Jakobson: Founding Director and CEO of China Matters discusses her new book "China Matters: Getting it Right for Australia," and offers her advice on …More »
- In a new series from YCW, we surveyed three of our global chapters for their views on the evolving Sino-Russian relationship—and what may have been …More »
- YCW is recruiting professionals from the network to join London's inaugural YCW Mentorship programme as mentors, in partnership with KCL, SOAS and LSE. Please apply …More »
- YCW's Insa Ewert and Jan Philipp Pöter call on Beijing and Berlin to take on leadership roles and champion inclusive multilateralism at the G20 summit …More »
- YCW discusses the cultural value and political utility of calligraphy in modern Chinese society with Li-Hua Ying, Chinese professor at Bard College.More »