Through our chapters in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Singapore and Brussels, YCW engages individuals on the most pressing issues emerging from China today. We are building a global network and fostering the next generation of China thought-leaders.
Be Part of the Growing YCW Community.
LATEST YCW EVENTS
- “Young China Hand” is a thriller about a crisis-era clash between Western wits, Chinese princeling-linked financiers and Peking duck farmers. Inspired by true events and …More »
San Francisco – Book Launch of ‘Fungible Life’ – Asian Identity in the Age of Genomics with Aihwa Ong [Thursday, November 10]YCW SF and PacificForce invite you to a special night with Aihwa Ong, Chair of Anthropology at the University of California, Berkeley and one of …More »
Beijing – Shakespeare’s Influence on China — past, present and future with Nancy Pellegrini [Tuesday, October 25]The story of Shakespeare in China is one of cultural blending and reinvention. Peopled by devoted evangelists, theater directors and dogged interpreters intent on bridging …More »
- There are more than 320 million people in mainland China between the ages of sixteen and thirty. Children of the one-child policy, born after Mao, …More »
- YCW's Insa Ewert and Jan Philipp Pöter argue for a more proactive approach by European governments towards targeting Chinese investment in infrastructure. Read more about …More »
- Chief Editor of Initium, a Hong Kong-based online platform, speaks to YCW Partner MERICS about journalistic principles in a restrictive political environment.More »
- Chinadialogue.net pioneered web-based environmental information. Founder and editor Isabel Hilton tells us about her first experiences in China in the 1970s, her career in international …More »
- In this candid interview, Jeremy Goldkorn, Danwei founder and co-host of the ever-popular Sinica podcast, discusses his 20 years in China including his early experiences …More »
- Peter Hessler is a best-selling author and freelance journalist with extensive experience in China. In this interview, he opens up about his thoughts on the …More »