Through our 10 chapters in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Singapore, Brussels, and Washington DC, YCW engages individuals on the most pressing issues emerging from China today.
Be Part of the Growing YCW Community.
LATEST YCW EVENTS
London – Demystifying Blockchain in China and Beyond – A Force of Transformation in the Country’s Digital EconomyWhilst the US remains the global leader in blockchain technology, many predict that China may well overtake the US within the next five years and …More »
- YCW Shanghai welcomes Selina Ho to lead a talk about why China provides a higher level of public goods than India. She will discuss her …More »
Singapore – The Billionaire Raj: India’s rise, and what it means for China? With James Crabtree [Thursday, November 01]India is experiencing a period of rapid development characterised by extremes of wealth, growing inequality and unstable industrial growth — a period James Crabtree calls …More »
- As the 2018 Beijing Summit of the Forum on China-Africa Cooperation (FOCAC), the triennial official forum between China and all the African states with the …More »
- MacroPolo, the in-house think tank of the Paulson Institute in Chicago, is hiring a Summer Associate for 2019. See job details from MacroPolo as follows: …More »
YCW-Lau Conference Summary and Photos: “Past, Present and Future: A long view of (r)evolution in China”The second annual YCW-Lau Conference, held on 13 October 2018, was a great success, bringing together China-focused experts and young thinkers on the theme: “Past, …More »
- Gu Xi, co-founder of TechieCat talks with YCW about China's online communities, technology capabilities and the future impact of the Internet in China.More »
- Young China Watchers is thrilled to announce that Oma Lee is the winner of the 2018 Young China Watcher of the Year Award! She is …More »
Featured Young China Watcher – Mareike Ohlberg: Research Associate at MERICS and Co-Head of YCW BerlinMareike Ohlberg is a research associate at the Mercator Institute for China Studies (MERICS, a YCW Partner) and co-head of YCW Berlin. She holds a …More »