Through our 10 chapters in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Singapore, Brussels, and Washington DC, YCW engages individuals on the most pressing issues emerging from China today.
Be Part of the Growing YCW Community.
LATEST YCW EVENTS
- with Lord Green We invite Lord Green of Hurstpierpoint, former Minister of State for Trade and Investment and Group Chairman of HSBC to discuss. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ycw-ln-beijings-world-tickets-47833613626 …More »
Washington D.C. – Fifty Years of the United States and China with the Freeman Family with Chas Freeman, Carla Freeman, Charles Freeman III [Chas Freeman, Carla Freeman and Charles Freeman III]In 1969, then-foreign service officer Ambassador Chas W. Freeman, Jr. began Mandarin language training at the State Department, so beginning the Freeman family’s nearly fifty …More »
Singapore – China’s Open Door Policy 40th Anniversary (Panel Discussion) with Keith Zhai, Zhao Litao, Qian Jiwei, Judith Huang [Wednesday, July 11]China’s Open Door Policy (改革开放) began in 1978 under the leadership of Deng Xiaoping, the paramount leader of the People’s Republic of China. On the …More »
- YCW Shanghai welcomes Gregory Gibb, Chairman and CEO of Shanghai Lujiazui International Financial Asset Exchange, or Lufax for short, to speak on Peer-to-Peer (P2P) lending …More »
- Dinny McMahon discusses his new book "China's Great Wall of Debt" which grapples with China's political economy and accumulated debt.More »
- YCW interviews writer and translator Alice Xin Liu on gender equality and writing in China.More »
Partner Post – Podcast Interview: Fu King-wa, Associate Professor, Journalism and Media Studies Centre, University of Hong KongIn the latest MERICS expert podcast, Fu King-wa, Associate Professor at the University of Hong Kong. speaks about the line between Internet censorship and information …More »
- Young China Watchers (YCW) Brussels is recruiting for a Director to join its dynamic leadership team. YCW is an all-volunteer, independent, organisation focused on connecting …More »
- Southeast Asia is central to the BRI and China's global ambitions. But China is recently encountering headwinds as countries in the region are re-evaluating their …More »