Through our 10 chapters in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Singapore, Brussels, and Washington DC, YCW engages individuals on the most pressing issues emerging from China today.
Be Part of the Growing YCW Community.
LATEST YCW EVENTS
Singapore-China, From Emigration to Multi-Directional Migration Today by Elaine Lynn-Ee Ho (Wednesday, 27 Mar)China, from Emigration to Multi-Directional Migration Today by Prof Elaine Lynn-Ee Ho Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 19:30 Jiang Education Center, #05-05, 149 Rochor Rd, Fu …More »
London – The Great Firewall of China: How to Build and Control an Alternative Version of the Internet (Friday, 15 March)The Great Firewall of China is the largest form of internet censorship in the world. An initiative between both government and companies in the technology …More »
- YCW Shanghai is welcoming Matthew Chitwood, Research Fellow from the Institute of Current World Affairs to share his research on China’s rural revitalization with YCW …More »
- YCW Shanghai is welcoming Carly Ramsey, Associate Director at Control Risks, to lead a discussion on Cyber Policy in China. As companies digitise and the …More »
- Heinrich Böll Stiftung North America is accepting fellowship applications from U.S./German journalists for stories on U.S./European or transatlantic debates and policy responses related to China’s …More »
- While China's facial recognition technology ranks among the world’s best, says Jeffrey Ding of the Future of Humanity Institute University of Oxford, in many other …More »
- YCW interviews Parag Khanna on his new book, “The Future is Asian: Commerce, Conflict & Culture in the 21st Century” (2019) and why China will …More »
- Emma Vanbergen, President of Education Consulting at BE Education, speaks to YCW about Chinese education trends, the perspective consequences of educational inequality, and the rise …More »
Featured Young China Watcher – Lauren Dickey: PhD Candidate, Department of War Studies, King’s CollegeYCW interviews Lauren Dickey, PhD candidate in the Department of War Studies at King's College, about her research on Chinese foreign and defense policy and …More »