Through our 10 chapters in Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, London, New York, San Francisco, Berlin, Singapore, Brussels, and Washington DC, YCW engages individuals on the most pressing issues emerging from China today.
Be Part of the Growing YCW Community.
LATEST YCW EVENTS
San Francisco – Maineland: movie screening and panel featuring Director Miao Wang [Tuesday, October 2]YCW will be hosting a panel discussion with Director Miao Wang after the San Francisco showing of Maineland, a critically acclaimed movie depicting the story …More »
London – Betraying Big Brother: The Feminist Awakening in China with Leta Hong Fincher [Monday, October 08]Feminism poses the greatest threat to China’s authoritarian regime. That is the central argument of journalist and scholar Leta Hong Fincher in her new book …More »
Singapore – Dinner & Discussion on Renegotiating Asymmetries: What’s New in New Malaysia’s China Policy? with Dr. KUIK Cheng-Chwee, Ph.D. with Dr. Kuik Cheng-Chwee [Wednesday, October 03]Prime Minister Mahathir’s various statements about China since his stunning return to power in May 2018 have left the impression that the new Malaysia is …More »
Shanghai – Understanding China’s Social Credit System: Vision and State of Implementation with Mareike Ohlberg [Thursday, September 20]China’s Social Credit System, a novel big data-enabled toolkit for monitoring, rating, and steering the behavior of market participants, is proposed as a cure-all solution …More »
- Victoria Ho chats with YCW about Goldthread's editorial vision and how technology is changing youth culture in China.More »
- “Past, Present and Future: A long view of (r)evolution in China” Saturday, October 13, 2018, 1030 – 1700 (British Standard Time) The Great Hall, King’s …More »
- Young China Watchers (YCW) is excited to announce the first annual Young China Watcher of the Year Award. The award seeks to recognize a young …More »
- The China-Britain Business Council (CBBC), an organization helping British and Chinese businesses and organisations work together in China, the UK and third markets around the …More »
- Tom Nunlist, editor of new book "China’s Evolving Consumers: 8 Intimate Portraits," speaks to YCW about the trends, intricacies, and desires of China's rising middle …More »