Social media is essential in amplifying YCW’s unique voice and successes, as well as connecting our global community of YCWers scattered around the world.
Our chapters across 10 cities share their activity online frequently. The YCW blog, driven by our Editorial Team, has grown more influential with strong online traction. We have also launched various global projects e.g. mentorship program, essay competition and conferences, and deploy social media effectively to share our achievements.
YCW is looking for someone to refresh and drive our social media strategy. Specifically, he/she will help improve the overall coordination of our on/offline activities and better deploy our digital platforms to deepen connectivity within our global community.
Why this role matters
You will have an opportunity to shape and executive a social media strategy for an organization that currently has a membership base of more than 4,600.
You’ll get to work with a group of dynamic individuals running our chapters globally and producing innovative content for our blog. They are outstanding young professionals in various disciplines – research, business, media, government and academia – working in and with China.
There is an opportunity to grow your own Social Media Team over time.
The position will report into YCW’s global leadership and work closely with the Global Editorial Team and across the 10 chapters.
Please note YCW is an all volunteer organization.
Who we are looking for
- Someone interested in understanding China’s role and impact in the world, and eager to work with the up-and-coming global generation of China watchers
- Self-motivated and comfortable working remotely with stakeholders around the world
- Be able to build and manage a small team
- Sustained commitment to the role for at least 2 years, be able to dedicate an approximate 1-3 hours a week
- Strong knowledge or background in running social media campaigns, and proficient in managing communities on Facebook and LinkedIn
- Adaptive to new digital platforms e.g. Bubble
What this role will entail (in further detail)
- Map out runway of sustainable social media activity across stakeholders
- Broadcast more content (highlights, photos, FB Live snippets, interviews) in a timely and consistent fashion
- Ensure local YCW communities are fully captured across Facebook and LinkedIn
- Work with Global Editorial Team to drive blog outreach that will also resonate with Chapters
- Explore ways to better utilize platforms to foster connectivity across on/offline communities
- Conduct regular analysis of social media behavior to help shape Global Editorial Team and chapters’ activities
- Work closely with global project teams for online rollout
How to apply
Please send a combined PDF (of the below) to email@example.com:
- A 1-page CV
- A cover letter (no more than 2 pages) including:
- Your background
- Your previous/current involvement with YCW e.g. chapters, editorial
- Brief ideas of we can improve our existing social media footprint, better connect our online and offline communities and scale up our outreach
Applications close 23 March 2018, after which we will contact successful candidates for interviews.