Young China Watchers, in partnership with the Carnegie-Tsinghua Center for Global Policy, is delighted to recruit our second cohort of Beijing-based mentors for Carnegie-Tsinghua interns. The mentees hail from all over the world, are BA/MA level students with an interest in China/ International Relations and currently enrolled at one of China’s leading universities. The mentors will be drawn from YCW’s experienced membership base. The program will start from October 2017 through to June 2018.
This is a great opportunity for current YCW members to join this exciting program and play a more active role in theYCW community, further developing mentoring skills, broadening their network, and helping to foster the next generation of China thought-leaders.
Mentor Application Criteria
- Passionate about developing the next generation of China thought-leaders;
- Eager to support and mentor a BA/MA student with an interest in China/International Relations;
- Resident in Beijing from October 2017 – June 2018;
- Able to commit to a minimum of 2-3 hours each month for the duration of the program; and,
- 5 years of experience living in or working on China-related issues.
If you would like to be considered as a YCW Mentor, or have any ideas for the program, please send an email expressing your interest and your CV to email@example.com by 16 September.