Call for Mentor Applications – Deadline September 21, 2018
Friday, 21 September, 2018
Young China Watchers, in partnership with the Carnegie-Tsinghua Center for Global Policy and Yenching Academy of Peking University, is delighted to recruit our fourth cohort of Beijing-based mentors for Carnegie-Tsinghua interns and our first for Yenching Scholars. The mentees hail from all over the world, are ambitious BA/MA students at top universities, and have an interest in China/International Relations. The program will start from October 2018 through to June 2019.
This is a great opportunity for current YCW members to join this exciting and expanding program and play a more active role in the YCW community, further developing mentoring and professional skills, broadening their network, and helping to foster the next generation of China thought-leaders.
Mentor Application Criteria
• Passionate about developing the next generation of China thought-leaders
• Eager to support and mentor a BA/MA student with an interest in China/International Relations
• Resident in Beijing from October 2018 – June 2019
• Able to commit to a minimum of 2-3 hours each month for the duration of the programme
• At least 5 years experience living in or working on China-related issues
If you would like to be considered as a YCW Mentor, or have any ideas for the program, please send an email expressing your interest and your CV to [email protected] by 21 September 2018.