The London chapter is pleased to be launching our sixth mentorship cohort. We are calling for applications from early career young professionals and students in the YCW London network to participate in the Programme. Each mentee will be linked to their own mentor based on their career interests. Our mentors are drawn from the London network, and are experienced China-professionals from a variety of fields, such as finance, policy, business, journalism, technology, and research.
The Programme will run from February 2023 – January 2024, during which time mentors and mentees will meet regularly to discuss career opportunities, aspirations and growth. Through the Programme, mentees will have opportunities to develop new friendships and to attend networking events. Mentees will be expected to actively drive and contribute to the relationship with their mentor.
This is a great opportunity to receive advice and support from experienced China professionals to get ahead in a China-based career, as well as getting a head start in building a network in the London-based China watching community. Previous mentees have gone on to secure jobs and academic postings in Greater China, as well as join China focused organisations in the UK.
The criteria for mentees is as follows:
• Based in or around London;
• Less than three years of professional experience;
• Demonstrable interest in and dedication to building a China-related career;
• Strong organisational and communication abilities;
• Excellent academic records and employment experience;
• Applications that demonstrate clear career objectives, outlining how the mentorship programme will support you in achieving this, will be given preference.
If you would like to be considered as one of our YCW Mentees, please write to our Mentorship Director, Hugo Briggs ([email protected]) by Sunday 29th January 2023, with the following:
• A cover letter detailing your background and why you should be selected as a YCW mentee
Young China Watchers (YCW) is a dynamic group of China-focused young professionals. Through regular roundtables and talks with senior figures in the China academic, policy and business communities, it provides a chance for engaged individuals to interact and discuss the most pressing issues emerging from China today. Through our growing global network, we seek to foster the next generation of China thought-leaders.