YCW London Mentorship Programme 2024 Cohort
Call for Applications
YCW’s London Chapter is pleased to be launching our Mentorship Programme for its seventh year.
We are calling for applications from London-based early career young professionals and students to participate in the Programme. Each mentee will be linked to their own mentor based on their career interests. Our mentors are drawn from the London network, and are experienced China-professionals from a variety of fields, such as finance, government and policy, business, journalism, technology, and research.
We are also happy to receive indications of interest in becoming a mentor.
The Programme will run from February 2024 – January 2025, during which time mentors and mentees will meet regularly to discuss career opportunities, aspirations and growth. Throughout the Programme, mentees will have opportunities to develop new friendships and to attend networking events. Mentees will be expected to actively drive and contribute to the relationship with their mentor.
Previous mentees have gone on to secure professional and academic positions in Greater China, as well as join China focused organisations in the UK, with support from their mentors.
• Be final year undergraduate, postgraduate, or be early career with less than three years of professional experience;
• Have demonstrable interest in and dedication to building a China-related career;
• Be based in or around London for the majority of the Programme period;
• Applications that demonstrate clear career objectives, outlining how the mentorship programme will support you in achieving this, will be given preference.
If you would like to be considered as one of our YCW Mentees, please write to our Mentorship Directors, Hugo Briggs and Laura Bonsaver (london[at]youngchinawatchers[dot]com) by Sunday 21st January, with the following:
• A cover letter detailing your background and why you should be selected as a YCW mentee
We look forward to receiving your applications.